Tuesday, December 2, 2008

blessings

i'm so blessed. let me say that again, i'm so very, very blessed. this past week has brought a multitude of happenings that have made me realize how much i actually have. in retrospective, i've noticed how much is special in my life. i have two beautiful daughters. ok, they're not perfect little angels, they have their moments, but they are healthy, living and breathing souls. i'm so blessed to be able to take care of them. God is good and He knows the desires of your heart. i have a fantastic husband. he loves me unconditionally (and if anyone knows me, that is sometimes hard to do... especially around THIS time of month). he loves me for me, all unperfect and flawed. i have an amazing family. 2 moms, 2 dads, 3 sisters, 3 brothers, nieces, nephews, an omi, 2 grandmas, a grandpa, lots of aunts and uncles and cousins. they all know me... and love me, each in their own special way. i can count on them for support. i have unbelievable friends. my heart swells when i think of these loved ones in my life. they are the life-giving fighters in MY corner! they would do anything for me, as i would for them. you know who you are! i have a warm and inviting house to live in. as i look out into the snow and cold winds, i know i am kept warm and cozy in my home. it protects us and welcomes anyone who steps through the front door. yes, i know my house isn't the cleanest one in the neighborhood. there are usually dust bunnies prancing around, hardened mac 'n cheese noodles under my kitchen table, but... BUT, my house is lived in. there is laughter, there is screaming (the good kind and the bad), there is lots of playtime, some good barbie movies, a fridge full of food and there is plenty of love! my house is lived in... in the best possible sense. these are the things i'm truly thankful for. but they are not the most important... the greatest blessing in my life is Jesus. really, He is. even if i lost everything else that's 'special' in my life, i will never ever lose Him. i've put my trust in Him and i know i will have everlasting life. even if all else fails on me in life, He will never let me go. that is comforting to know. Jesus is the greatest blessing of all. it's easy to forget the simple message of Christmas in the hurry and scurry of the holiday season. but if there's only one thing you ask for, for Christmas, let it be love. love of family, love of good friends and most of all, love from our Heavenly Father.
i'm so blessed. let me say that again, i'm so very, very blessed.

as a side note, this picture is very special to me as i used to have a copy hanging on my wall as a child. i used to think of myself as the little girl in the hands of Jesus. it just showed me how precious i was in His eyes. i still love this picture. isn't it amazing and affirming?

No comments: