Wednesday, February 1, 2012

His love is enough

do you ever get the feeling that you're just not good enough?
you can't seem to do anything right?
not a good enough wife...
certainly not a good enough mother...
not a good enough daughter...
not a good enough sister...
not a good enough friend...
not a good enough... well, anything?
sounds like a pity party, don't it?
well, it's not really.
but these are normal thoughts that i have.
some days they're louder than others.
probably because things don't always work out according to my plans.
i will disappoint... i will be disappointed.
i will hurt others... i will be hurt by others.
it's just gonna happen, regardless of the type of person that i am.
and i can, embarrassingly, say that i put a lot of my self worth in what others think of me.
i do.
it sucks.
i'm trying hard not to let that happen but it still does.
but i pray and ask God to change my heart.
i need to find my worth in Him alone.
i need to be ok with what happens in my life... because i know His hand is on my life.
although i love, love, LOVE all the people in my life...
and i want to be my all to them...
i need to focus more on being my all to Him.
so what does that look like?

“For you are a people holy to the LORD your God. The LORD your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession.” Deuteronomy 7:6 (NIV)

knowing i am treasured by God should be my first order of business.
when i feel love and accepted by Him, i think i'll be better equipped to deal with life's disappointments.
this process also involves a lot of prayer on my part.
crying out to Him to change me.
i want to be more like Him... to let go of selfish pride.
and He loves me no matter what.
i'm not gonna earn His love, it's already there.
it's always been there.
and there's nothing i can do to make Him love me more... or less.
He is constant and His love is perfect.

For I am the Lord, I do not change. Malachi 3:6

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Hebrews 13:8

His love never changes.
His love never fails.



lyrics... which are just so perfect:

Nothing can separate
Even if I ran away
Your love never fails

I know I still make mistakes
But You have new mercies for me everyday
Your love never fails

Chorus:
You stay the same through the ages
Your love never changes
There may be pain in the night but joy comes in the morning
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/j/jesus_culture/your_love_never_fails.html ]
And when the oceans rage
I don't have to be afraid
Because I know that You love me
Your love never fails

Verse 2:
The wind is strong and the water's deep
But I'm not alone here in these open seas
Cause Your love never fails

The chasm is far too wide
I never thought I'd reach the other side
But Your love never fails

Bridge:
You make all things work together for my good

1 comment:

Leslie @ top of the page said...

friend, you are so speakin' my language! i always wrestle between feeling like enough for others (and always failing) versus knowing i'm already enough right now in Him. but i would add that i've learned to stop trying so hard to change my heart and fix my selfish self. that's His job. mine is only to listen to Him. slow down, accept myself for the bit of the journey i'm on today, and listen. shut my mouth, my pleading, my worrying. it is so hard for me, but i'm getting better!! i have learned that is the key to prayer. less talking (way less!), more listening. hugs.